Thursday, October 28, 2010

Every Vote Counts..?

    I didn't pay attention to the mayoral debate this year. I have only lived in Toronto for a year now, and I will be leaving the city within the next two years. Therefore, it didn't really seem necessary for me to vote for a mayor of a city that I will soon be leaving... A vote of ignorance is far worse than not voting at all.

    My grandfather, on the other hand, decided to vote as usual. When I asked him how it went, he told me that he didn't understand how to make his vote, so he ended up not voting at all. How disgusting is it that no body working at the polling station would help a clueless, eighty-five year old man vote?! If everyone's vote is supposed to count, then why should seniors be ignored when they are obviously lost and confused about the voting process? Someone should help these poor elderly pepole, not ignore them and expect them to figure it out on their own. Seniors are just as important as everyone else, and they have a right to vote just like everyone else too. Great job, Toronto. This is just unacceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment